You are here
Geology & Mining
RHI : “Geology and Mining” Division is one of our flag ship services delivering over 80,000 tons daily contractual deliverables of limestone, clay, kaolin, gypsum, and many more international and local clients.
Backed up with seasoned industry specialties, we provide our customers with complete support in identifying, optimally utilizing best suited available deposits that fit their needs, with our vast knowledge of regional available deposits as well as our unmatched data base.
RHI Geology and Mining service covers the complete needs of our clients from reconnaissance, identifying suspect reserves, complete geology investigations, mining planning preparation, as well as quarry’s operation and raw materials supply.
RHI Raw Material Investigations & Mining Division Includes:
- Proposing potential deposits within a selected area through desk study and field verification.
- Preliminary reporting on best suited investment location in term of deposit suitability for intended investment and plant raw materials needs.
- Proposing appropriate program of investigations of potential deposits.
Phase I: Preliminary Raw Material Investigation Scope
- Providing all drilling equipment, tools, materials, core boxes, personnel, and supervisory staff needed for drilling execution.
- Directing investigation, ensuring maximum core recovery, correct sampling and required drilling depth.
- Performing lithologic description of the cores and preparation of well logs.
- Dropping and platting of drill holes location by ground surveying.
- Performing sampling, chemical analysis, and physical testing of core samples.
- Supervising analysis in laboratories, and recording results.
- Full interpretation of drilling data, lithological logs, chemical analysis results, physical testing results, and site geologic information.
- Preparation of report for preliminary raw material investigation, including all data, records, measurements, well logs, analysis, tests results, full interpretation of data, & assessment of investigated deposits in terms of quality, suitability and potential sufficiency.
Phase II: Overall Geological Investigation Scope
- Surveying of deposit area & plant site by ground surveying, production of contour maps to the scale 1: 1000 or 1:2000, and contour interval 0.5 – 1.0m.
- Establishing core drilling program for each raw material deposit and preparation of drilling specifications for each deposit.
- Preparation of technical specifications for core treatment and sample preparation.
- Preparation of technical specifications for physical testing and chemical analysis.
- Core treatment, sample preparation, physical testing, and chemical analysis in the laboratories.
- Reviewing, analyzing of all the field data, measurements, chemical analysis results and physical testing data
- Establishing of electronic data base for project raw material information.
- Calculation of weighted averages composition of members and deposits.
- Chemical correlation of strata or members in each deposit.
- Establishing block modeling for each deposit.
- Estimation of grade reserves for each deposit.
- Preparation of best raw mix designs for production of OPC and SRC with minimum possible components.
- Preparation of overall raw material investigation report with main guidelines and recommendations for opening the quarry in each deposit.
- Preparation of the technological samples to be handed over to the bidders or to the successful supplier.
Phase III (A): Detailed Investigations Scope
- Quarry final selection and assessment.
- Detailed geological mapping.
- Detailed investigation program planning and control.
- Drilling, well logging and sampling.
- Laboratory analysis and test.
- Geological, Geochemical and geophysical Interpretation.
- Statistical and Geostatistical study.
- Variography modeling.
- Geochemical Block Modeling.
- Conventional and Geostatistical Resource & Reserves Estimation.
- Grade Reconciliation & Grade Tonnage Relationships.
- Measured Resource Confidence Classification.
- Preparing Resource Statements and Raw mixing strategies.
Phase III (B): Preparation of the Mining Plan
Mining planning services encompass life of operation and medium term mining design. This service is giving the ability for defining deposit according to geotechnical, operational, economical and environmental guidelines. It is providing a 3D model of mineable deposit, using latest mining software solutions.
- Designing quarry opening process.
- Benches geometry identification.
- Designing access roads framework.
- Quarry expansion development planning for long and medium term scope.
- Outlining of master mining process flowchart.
- Setting out material hauling and conveying system.
- Choice and sizing of equipment.
- Quarry operations identifications.
- Designing of quarry site layouts.
- Quarry production cost estimates.
Quarry Opening and Preparation for Scope
- Preparation of production access roads to crusher and with-in quarry service roads.
- Stripping and disposal of over burden.
- Disposal of waste and gang rocks.
- Construction of quarry floor platform.
- Benches opening to required heights.
- Face splitting as required by mining plan design.
- Preparation of selection yard.
- Transporting usable material to selection yard.
- Quantity surveying and billing control.
- Progressive quarry as built map.
Phase IV: Long Term Quarry Operation Scope
- Designing blasting rounds, performing bench drilling, also charging the blast holes with explosives, initiating detonation, and inspecting the muck piles.
- Assigning certified blasting engineers to carry out bench blasting and secondary blasting in quarry.
- Performing regular maintenance of quarry access roads, working benches & working faces.
- Constructing, maintaining fuel, lubricants, and vehicle service facilities on site.
- Providing all equipment, vehicles, installations and facilities necessary to maintain daily delivery needs of the crusher. Ensuring operation of quarries are carried out with due regards to safety, ecological and environmental factors.
- Following and adhering to mining plan provided to ensure material quality and optimum utilization of the deposit.
RHI geology and mining provides the following support services as a part of quarries operation scope for its clients:
- Quarry design optimization.
- Surveying, contouring and volumes calculation.
- Detailed 3D modeling.
- Grade control sampling optimization.
- Reconciliation between reserves, grade control and production.
- Mining method assessment.
- Operations implementation and management.
- Quarry expansion development detailed planning.
- Raw material variability reduction.
- Improving quarry production cost model.
- On-site procedures and training.
- Software and technology solutions.
- Topographical and detailed contour maps.
- Roads design and construction.
- Landscape works.
- Torrents studies.
- Quarries opening and operation.
- Quarries grids and drilling holes design.
- Quantity surveys (cut and fill).
- Civil and erection working during construction.
- Precise settlement monitoring.
- Kilns and mills alignment.